Saturday, February 2, 2019

Finally got around to doing some cabinets

I got up early to get to Lowes.  My nearest Lowe's is around an hour away, and it is in Amherst, which quickly gets very busy with traffic, so I headed up early.  I went to Lowe's because they are cheaper, in stock, and they are actually oak, not fiberboard like the ones at Home Depot.  The only thing I don't like is that they only come with one shelf.

The sunrise was quite pretty.


I got enough cabinets to get started.  I didn't get all the ones I needed, but enough to start getting the kitchen cleaned up.  I don't really like how I ended up strapping them in, but they all got home undamaged. 


The wall cabinets are installed.


The tops lined up nicely.


The bottoms notsomuch.  They were lined up with a clamp, but apparently I didn't clamp it tight enough.  Even though oak is an excellent wood for cabinets, I apparently need better drill bits.  I almost melted one of my bits drilling pilot holes to fasten the cabinets together.


The base cabinet actually goes next to the fridge, but since I can't unpack the totes yet, this is just sitting here.  I will probably leave it where the dishwasher


Tomorrow is the super bowl, so I might go up and get the rest of the cabinets in the morning from a different Lowes if I get up early enough.  There is one in Concord that is isn't too much further. 

Something else I noticed is that my computer is telling me it is time to upgrade.

The kitchen cabinets are now in progress. 
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

1 comment: