Friday, February 15, 2019

More kitchen work

I have unpacked another couple of totes this week, I am only one tote away from being able to shift the fridge into its proper location at this point. 

An idea I had when I was unpacking: use my current dishwasher.  I have been using this dishwasher for years, it is adequate.  It would be nice to have a full size dishwasher, but this one is sufficient and allows me to keep the drawer and not lose the cabinet for it.  It is a compromise, but one that is more appealing as I run out of cabinet space.  I am not sure if it will fit under the sink once the plumbing is in place, but it should also fit in the cabinet the dishwasher was intended to replace if I need more space for it.  I probably won't make a decision on this until after I get the pantry installed though.  That will clear out the wall cabinets and allow me to make sure I need the extra drawers before I compromise on a non-standardized appliance.


Along those lines, I also designed the pantry.  I hope to build it this weekend.  There is nothing too special about it, just a 2x3 frame.  I will probably permanently affix the middle shelf, and the others I will make adjustable.  I have a bunch of 1x1 boards from Tim that he got from work (he is a drafter/designer at a furniture company these days) that I intend to use to set the shelves on.  I also have some leftover


No movement on the checklist. I am hoping to finish up the cabinets this weekend.
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment