Wednesday, February 6, 2019

More cabinets. Starting to look like a kitchen.

I went up to Concord last night and got the rest of the base cabinets.  I might still have to pick up another couple wall cabinets, but all the base cabinets I need are now in my possession.  I also picked up the countertop too since they had some on closeout. 

If I didn't like how the last set was tied down, I liked this even less.  Like before though, no damage. 


It is starting to look like a real kitchen.  The middle 2' cabinet won't stay there (that is where the dishwasher goes) and nothing is fastened, but I did make all the necessary cutouts last night since I didn't have anywhere to store them otherwise. 


Speaking of not having space, there is supposed to be another 18" cabinet here...


For right now it is just holding my garbage can.


This, in conjunction with receiving all the parts for the miniature PC (you can see that it is barely bigger than my hand) I am building Dad for his birthday will give me something to do when it is miserable for the next couple of days.  I got the first round and most of the PC built over the weekend.


Nothing completed yet, but I am hoping the kitchen cabinets will be done enough to mark off soon.  Once I get what I have complete, I should be able to more or less unpack the kitchen and move the 2' cabinet where it belongs.  From there I can finish the wall cabinets.  My only complaint with the cabinets is that all of them are a shelf short of what I think they should have.  There is only one shelf in the wall cabinets, and there are none in the base cabinets.

4 comments:

  1. Really starting to look like a house! The countertop is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! that counter top and the cabinets look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the countertop and your cabinets are a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That countertop is being discontinued by Lowe's, so it was on clearance which made it pretty cheap and I like the pattern. The cabinets have an oak finish, but are cheap MDF.

    ReplyDelete