Friday, February 22, 2019

Ready for the weekend

I went out and picked up the last of the materials for the kitchen last night.  I did decide to get an other the range microwave.  Dad's idea about the microwave inside a cabinet was interesting, but I am not sure I would like the usability implications of it, having to reach down every time I use the microwave, which is something that I use a lot. 

The new microwave.  It is a GE.  If someone is in need of a microwave, I won't need my old one anymore.  It is a 1100W 1.1 cubic foot Hamilton Beach.  It works fine, needs cleaning.


I also went and picked up the last cabinet.  It is on my work area ready to be modified.  I need to cut the opening a little wider, remove the door, cut a hole for the water lines, and a hole for access to the power outlets.


This one didn't quite make it all the way home undamaged.  This is the back though, so it won't be visible.


The other night (after the prior post was written) I finally got the last set of shelving installed in the bathroom.  I need to cut more shelves, but the framework is complete.  This should allow me to finish unpacking the box that is currently on top of the fridge. 


I also picked up the other pieces I need, like the toekick plates and the side panels to make it look more pretty.  I should be all set to finish it up this weekend.

No movement on the checklist.
  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment