Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Last cabinet in progress.

Even though the only picture I took was crap, I brought the cabinet inside.  It has been so windy that the 1" thick plywood I had protecting it blew off.  The cabinet was actually full of snow, but thankfully it was below freezing, so no liquid got in the cabinet.  The wind was still going, so I decided it was worth the mess to work on it inside. 

The circular saw was not happy cutting through oak and stalled several times, but I still managed to get the door taken off and the opening expanded.


It really did make a mess.  I spent almost 15 minutes vacuuming out all the crevices and everything that were filled with sawdust.  And I still didn't get it all.


Having the drawer is nice though, it means that these have a home that isn't on the countertop.


The dishwasher in its final home.  This cabinet isn't done yet, I still have to cut holes for the plumbing in the sides, a larger hole so that the outlets are accessible, and possibly some holes so I can get the extension cord out to the front (having floor outlets in the kitchen is more handy than you might think).  But the cabinet is in place at this point. 


No movement on the checklist, but the big counter, the sink, and the plumbing is all that is left for the kitchen.  I also need to fasten all the base cabinets.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! feel good about finishing up easy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is still more work left in the kitchen than it sounds. I am sure you are aware that the first 90% takes only half the time and the last 10% is the other half.

      Delete
    2. But it is nice that the end is in sight for the kitchen. It is really nice the way the place has opened up, since most of what wasn't unpacked was in the kitchen.

      Delete