Saturday, February 16, 2019

18 x 18 isn't as big as I thought

Today's big project was the pantry.  The framing went without a hitch.  I also got to use a bunch of wood I had lying around.  I had a couple of 2x3s lying around that have been used up.  I also moved the fridge where it belongs.


I attached them by pocketing the screws and using the 3 inch screws.


I used the small boards I got from Tim for the rails.  There were more boards in that bundle that I thought.  I didn't even use half of them.  Which is nice, it means that I have more of them for the cabinets.


I also put a new blade on the circular saw.  The saw is dying, but the new blade worked wonders.  It is amazing the difference a good blade makes versus an old worn out crappy blade.


The pantry is mostly complete though.  I do have sides for it, I can use the press board that I originally bought for the ceiling, but I will probably wait until I pull out the table saw for it.  I used up the 3/4 plywood I got from Dad from Masco for the shelves. 


I unloaded all the wall cabinets onto it.  It turns out that 18 x 18 wasn't quite as big as I expected.  I still have empty space, but not as much as I expected.


The boards I got from Tim are maple, and when drilling through them, my drill died.  So I finished up the micro computer.  There isn't much free space in it.  I think it would have worked better if I had gotten an M.2 SSD instead of a 2.5" one.  I don't like how much of the CPU fan is covered, but it should be ok. 


No movement on the checklist.  I will probably finish unpacking some more tonight so I know what the final state of that cabinets is.  I hope to finish up the counters tomorrow and install the sink so I know if the dishwasher will fit under the sink.  I don't think it will the more I look at it, but I will find out for sure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment