Sunday, February 24, 2019

Weather didn't cooperate to finish the kitchen.

Saturday wasn't bad weatherwise, but I spent a whole lot longer installing the microwave than I expected.  It took most of the day, and I must have lifted the microwave a couple dozen times.  The cord was a problem as well.  My first attempt was just to run the cord down the side.  It was tight, but would have fit.


After that attempt failed, I ended up modifying the microwave.  The cord no longer comes out the top.


It now comes out the bottom.  Thankfully there was enough empty space that rerouting it was fairly easy.


Once I got that sorted out, I ran into another issue: the template that they give you was wrong.  All the holes were off by a half inch.  So I now have extra holes in my cabinets.


It took most of the day, but the microwave is installed.


This means my microwave is now on the free table. 


I then moved onto counters.  Apparently I need to learn to read.  Each pack contains both ends.  So I have a lot of spares, since I bought twice as many as I needed.  D'oh!


That led to more agony.  They are the specific ones for the counters that I bought, but they don't fit worth a damn.  Considering you are supposed to use a file to do the final smoothing and alignment, it means each counter took a long time.




I did get the appliances counter done, and had a steak cooking in the Foreman.


I also completed the small counter next to the stove.   Before that, I did some power management.  This is what I came up with.  This also puts power on the counter next to the stove.


That counter is now complete.


All that is left is the big counter, which I plan to finish during the week.  I wanted to finish the last cabinet today, but it rained all day despite it supposed to stop early in the morning (and supposed to be snow).  The cabinet is still outside, but it is covered at least.  Hopefully I can complete it during the week.  No movement on the checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment