Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Kitchen finally unpacked.

I completed the unpacking for the kitchen.  The wall cabinets are now full.


Over by the fridge is now empty.  That was the last tote, and it is now unpacked.


After thinking about it some, I think I am going to stick with my current dishwasher.  While in terms of square footage I have almost as much counter as I had before, my countertop is now broken up.  I have 42" between the sink and stove, 18" on the other side of the stove, and 24" over by the fridge.  The far side of the stove doesn't have an outlet, so I won't be running appliances over there. 

I also was thinking, and I think I might get one of those above range microwaves.  I was intending to run my kitchen appliances over by the fridge, but the microwave is tall enough that it will block a good chunk of the window.  There is an issue here as well though; I don't have an outlet above the range either, so it looks like I will be running a cord down behind the stove and down the wall.  D'oh!


I did a walkthrough video of the kitchen, but I am not sure if I can upload it, it is kind of large.  If it doesn't work, I will take another shorter version tonight.

I was hoping to go get the last cabinet tonight and try to get it installed, but it looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate, so I will have to pick it up tomorrow.  I should have the kitchen completed this weekend I hope.

  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

3 comments:

  1. Video works for me. You do know that vases you can buy for a buck at the dollar store. Kitchen looks good! needs a little more organization.

    PS looks like the trash needs to go out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, the trash went out this morning.

      I just don't want to give my counter space for vases so that I can have a dishwasher that is more than I need.

      Delete
  2. Another option would be to put the microwave UNDER the countertop beneath the window. You could add a shelf to the cabinet for it and still have some room beneath it

    ReplyDelete