Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Weed wacker running again.

Today's big project was getting the weed wacker running again.  I got all the fuel lines replaced.  The stuff Barry gave me was Tygon tubing, so it shouldn't be a problem ever again.  It is a high end soft tubing (developed by Saint-Gobain actually), but it is what he uses when he needs to replace fuel lines.

All tubed up.


The fuel filter is oversized for the engine, but it should work fine.


I got it all put back together, and it took a little bit to get it started, but a few cycles of primer x 6, turn it over, and so on, and it fired back up.


It was a little dark when I finished (thus the flash in the last pic) so I couldn't clearly see if there were any leaks, but I couldn't smell any and didn't see any in the darkness.  I will look at it more closely next time I go to use it.

I also stopped at the highway department today, the markers that I saw are the right of way markers, so I will update the lot map accordingly.  According to the guy that was there, he says that round-up will kill the Japanese knotweed that I mentioned yesterday, so I will knock it down and spray it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment