Thursday, June 29, 2017

Carport picked up.

I stopped at Harbor Freight today and picked up a car port and a couple of tarps to close in the sides.  If it works good, I might stop in and get another one, this one was on sale for under a hundred bucks.  It seems like a really good deal if it doesn't implode (always possible with Harbor Freight).


It is safely stowed, there wasn't enough light left to set it up.


I also finished cleaning up the second bedroom, I even swept it.  I do have an AC for the room if Dad wants it, it is supposed to be hot.  The living room AC struggles to reach that room.  I usually just close the room off and don't go in there when it gets hot.


I also started a spreadsheet tallying how much I have spent on everything, before I forget.  This way I have a direct cost to analyze and share at the end (I know people will be curious).  I am tracking direct material costs, along with other associated costs (septic, tools purchased because of this, etc.).  I am not tracking time.  I will know, but the information isn't really useful to anyone else; everyone works at different speeds.  The floor and wall construction might take me two months but would take Tim one for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment