Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Four straight days of good forecasts that got me wet.

Each day in the last four was forecast to be mostly or partly sunny, with a percent chance of precipitation under 20%.  Each of those days I got rained on.  Today I didn't even try to do anything, coming out of work to this:


Yesterday I went to head up to Home Depot to get the rest of the wood, and saw an even darker more ominous cloud, so I went up to the property and got everything covered.  The wood already got wet once when I picked it up on Sunday, since it rained right after I got out of the lumber yard.  Something that I find rather annoying is that I never seem to have enough bungee cords.  I bought two packs of them last year, and they have seemingly all vanished...  Thus the blocks holding the left tarp down.


The generator is tucked away under the former truck bed tonneau cover.


If it clears up early enough to get some more wood (not looking promising at the moment) I will make another trip.  I only got half of it on the last run, I didn't want to chance piling it way up high when I had 14' boards in a 6.5' bed.  It is supposed to be clear and sunny again tomorrow, so we shall see.

Unfortunately the rain that was supposed to come in for the end of the week has been pushed out, so we will have to see how much time Dad and I get to work this weekend.  It was originally supposed to clear out Saturday morning, but now they have pushed it into Monday.  I am seriously considering getting one of those single garage tent things to work in, like the green one we used to keep the wood in in Argyle.  They aren't cheap, but time is rapidly becoming more of an issue than cost.

I still haven't gotten the trailer back, apparently the job right before mine in the queue kind of blew up on him (not literally thankfully).  He is still confident that I will have it by the weekend though, and I plan to hold him to that, though it isn't actually all that important, since I don't have the building permit yet and won't be building on the frame (just making prefabricated parts for when I do get it).

On that note, I received what I think is the formal letter approving the septic system from the state.  The plan itself:
 

The approval letter.


I have one outstanding question on the driveway permit (there wasn't anyone in the highway department when I went up today at lunch), and I am on the next Selectmen's meeting agenda, which is the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment