Saturday, June 3, 2017

Rained out, but still made a little progress.

It was supposed to be nice today and tomorrow, but mother nature had other plans.  I started to investigate the weed wacker as I was getting rained on.  It looks like pretty much all the fuel lines have disintegrated.

This was the fuel filter.  There are supposed to be things attached to it...


turns out those things were rolling around in the bottom of the tank.


The picture sucks, but all of these lines (which run to and from the primer bulb) were all leaking as well.


I will need to take it apart to figure out what exactly I need to replace.  The replacement tanks online don't appear to have fittings, the lines appear to be molded into the tank, but I won't know for sure (that seems odd to me) until I take it apart.  If it is just fuel line, it will be a cheap and quick repair (I might be able to bug Barry and have him fix it).  If I need to replace the tank, filter, etc. it will be a bit more costly, and ordering the parts online will take several weeks.  On the plus side, with everything broken, the primer bulb felt much more normal.  I unfortunately didn't get to the point of taking things apart because I was getting soaked, and didn't want to get water in the fuel system on it.

I did hear from Pete Bissell, the septic guy, and the design is pretty much complete, he just wants to run it by the town and make sure they are happy with it, so I will probably stop in at some point next week to take a look at it, since I need to put it on my map that the zoning board wanted.

So instead of working, I went down to harbor freight today and picked up a few things, like a 330' tape measure so I can draw the map, and a couple of other things (there are always freebies at harbor freight...)

Today was supposed to be the nicer day of the weekend, so we shall see what I get done tomorrow, but right now the top priorities are getting electric of some sort working, and getting the yard mowed.  It really needs it.  If I have time, I can pull apart the weed wacker and push mower (I still haven't fixed that yet either).  Even if it rains, now that all the fuel is drained out, I might be able to disassemble the weed wacker in the shed.

2 comments: