Saturday, June 24, 2017

Generator acquired.

I bought the generator I went to look at this morning.  It is a Porter Cable 5500W generator, big enough to run the house once I am done using it to build.  It was a ways to go for one, but it was a pleasant drive on a bunch of roads I have never been on before.  I tested it, ran a drill off it and probed the outlets to make sure they were at 110V.  They came in at 108, which is close enough.  The generator is being stored under the old truck cap to keep it out of the the rain.  The guy used a pretty close to normal procedure to start it: turn on the gas, wait a minute for the filter and whatnot to saturate, turn the choke on, then he pulled it over a few times very slowly which he said was to prime it (he always runs them dry).  Then it started first pull.





Due to the off and on rain, I haven't gotten much else done, but did get some cleaning done in preparation for Dad's arrival next weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I will hopefully get the subflooring started.  it is supposed to be reasonably nice the first half of the week, so I will hopefully get the joists at least cut and read to install before Dad arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment