Saturday, June 17, 2017

Despite temperamental weather, weed whacking started.

The weather was kind of temperamental.  It has gone from sun to rain to sun to rain.

Apparently this weed wacker only likes to run once.  I got it running after the fuel lines, and when I went to start it today to actually use it, the primer bulb gave up the ghost.


I picked one up and got it replaced.


I finally got it running and used it.  I have confirmed no leaks, though it didn't run for long, It ran for a few minutes, then stalled out, with a bunch of smoke billowing out of it, but I think that was just burning the cruft off.  It is almost like it was overheating, but the fuel was mixed properly.  Hopefully this is just due to the fact that it was coated in fuel from the leaking.  I am also thankful that it idles high enough to use without giving it gas, so I did that for most of the trimming today.  It didn't seem to stall out when I was doing that.

I cleaned up the driveway a little bit, up near the top.


The front corner of the slab


The front down the old well.  I will need something a bit tougher to take out all the other stuff.  Might be time for a chainsaw.  I want to take out everything but the actual trees.


Out by the road, I can finally see when I go to pull out again.


I pushed back the other part of the front as well.


I also started to go towards the back when I ran it out of gas.


Almost all of what I chopped down was the Japanese knotweed that I mentioned in a previous post.  I chopped down a lot of it.  This is just at the corner of the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment