Sunday, June 18, 2017

Official approval arrived, and some other odds and ends.

Mother nature decided to play Jekyll and Hyde again today, but a little work got done today.

I received the formal letter of approval from the zoning board.  Apparently I can't copy PDFs into the blog, but the rundown of the constraints is:

  1. A septic approved by both the town and state EPA will be installed.
    • Not a problem.  The design is underway.  I knew this would need to be done.
  2. A new well will be drilled.
    • I already have the well quote.  I knew this would need to be done.
  3. The tiny home will be located on the slab.
    • Not sure where else I would put it...  But this was the intent all along.
  4. The variance is only valid for 5 years.  At the end of the 5 years, it must be either removed or converted into a non-dwelling structure.
    • 5 years ought to be long enough to get the real house up there.  I might have liked a bit more time, but 5 years is sufficient.
  5. A valid driveway permit is obtained.
    • I have the form and sketch required ready to go.
  6. Construction of the house may occur simultaneously to the installation of the septic and well.
  7. A certificate of occupancy is required before the tiny home can be occupied.
    • I am not entirely certain what this entails, but I knew it would have to be done.
  8. I actually follow through with the rehabilitation of the lot that I claimed I would.
    • I wasn't blowing smoke when I wrote out that plan (and a lot of it is already done actually), so no problem.
I also picked a fridge today.  Originally the guy listed it for 25 bucks, but because he couldn't find the rails for the drawer shelves, he gave it to me for free.  It is in a bit rougher shape than it looked on craigslist, but it works, he had it plugged in when I got there. It is now in front of the stove, propped open.

It is a bit dirty too, but nothing I can't handle.

Even comes with an ice maker.

The shelves were intact, but got jostled around on the ride up.  Oh well, I can put them back together.

The missing door rails.  I will either pick up a cheap set on ebay, or just build some rails for it.  

It even came with some free Mexican Urine.

I might want to get around to leveling the approach to the shed at some point as well.  The camera was level when I took the picture.  Made it interesting to push the fridge out.

A couple of other things: I also got the front mowed before it rained on me, and I brought a bunch of the parts I have collected up and are in the shed now, the first step towards cleaning up the second bedroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment