Monday, June 19, 2017

Still waiting on the septic approval.

I had another meeting with the town tonight, this time with the selectman with regards to the septic.  Pete had a preliminary design that he brought, with the septic going in the front yard, that didn't meet a couple of setbacks, but was as close as possible to meeting them.  He has to get a hold of the town highway department regarding a flood zone, but otherwise the meeting mostly went positive.

The unfortunate part is that this was the last selectman meeting before Dad comes up.  Since the plan wasn't approved, I didn't get the building permit.  I don't intend to prolong the building any longer though, and will be starting on it if the rain ever stops.

I also will be seeking a second opinion on the electric.  The quote I got was a lot steeper than I expected, it was 1600.  I was expecting 500-800.  If that isn't done, I can get a generator on Craigslist pretty cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment