Sunday, August 7, 2016

Two days of updates, lots of progress.

So I apparently forgot to post the update from yesterday, so here it is:

I got the other spindle removed.  It was kind of a pain since I couldn't get the cover off, but it is removed now waiting for the other spindle to come in.


I also got the sink prepared for removal.  There was still water in the trap, and it smelled pretty bad.  Hopefully this isn't a foreshadowing of the tanks still having stuff in them.


On the way home there was a very colorful sunset.  I missed most of it since the camera wasn't at the ready, but did get a shot of it.


Today was a surprisingly productive day, despite dodging the weather.  It sprinkled on me a few times and generally looked like this most of the day.


I finished the kitchen (the water heater was a real pain in the neck to get out) and got to the bathroom, and found something interesting.  The shower walls weren't rigid.  They were cheap paneling with linoleum glued on and duct taped together.  They relied on the kitchen wall to keep the back rigid.  They actually built it with duct tape.


Most of the tub is gone now.  Anyone want some free bubble wrap?  I am not sure why, but the tub is full of it.


I also got the rest of the hallway cleaned out all the way to the bedroom.


I might have to recruit someone to run the burn barrel.  The mound is getting enormous.



2 comments:

  1. tell a couple buddies to bring some hotdogs and marshmallows and have a cookout if they can tend the fire you'll provide the fuel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't think i would want to eat anything that was cooked with that smoke. a lot of those boards have mold and mildew on them. and i am not a big penicillin fan myself.

      Delete