Sunday, August 21, 2016

Prep work for the bonfire

The first thing I did today was finish fixing the lawnmower.  I got a new set of blades, and some spare clips.  I replaced pretty much all of them, since the shiny new ones are much easier to get in and out, and it feels like I am taking the deck off every other day.


I continued mowing the far back, got another large chunk of it done.  I am at about 80% of what I had cleared last year is mowed, the last bit I might want to do with a pushmower though.




Unfortunately I already smacked my nice brand new blades...  GRRR.


I also mowed around the pile, trying to get a ring around it in case I decide to torch it.






Right now I am leaning towards making another pile to burn, instead of torching the existing pile.  The more investigation I did, the more it looks like a pile of trash, that they covered with wood to make it look like a burnpile.  Outside of the OSB crap on top, almost none of the rest of it is wood.  I don't mind burning a little bit of plastic, but I don't really want to burn tires and the like (yes, I did see a tire in the mess)



I think I might make another pile closer to the slab, where I was intending to use the burn barrel.


I also went and pulled out one of my roof tarps to cover it with since I will be tossing mattresses on it shortly.

1 comment: