Sunday, August 14, 2016

Rain. Lots of it.

We got hammered with thunderstorms last night.  Very severe ones.  Driving home after the party I got some splashes taller than my truck (which is taller than me, so at least 6-7 feet) which was a lot of fun for me, not so much for the truck.  I thought it was Fords that were allergic to water, but my Dodge really disliked it as well, though I did it anyways.  Turns out we got 5.5" (yes, almost a half foot) of rain in one night.


When I went up today, I looked around, no major damage, no water in the shed, just a couple of minor twigs and branches came down.  On a good note, there was water in the creek.  It is right back up to normal.


The well was almost completely refilled as well.


It was miserable outside today, hot and humid, so I didn't get too much done before I threw in the towel, but I did manage to get everything but the toilet out.  I tried to get it out, but the instructions from the internet on how to remove it were missing important details, like how to remove the cover to expose the bolts.  If I can't find something definitive, it will get the Sledge Treatment.

2 comments: