Friday, August 19, 2016

Things keep breaking.

So I haven't been doing much during the week because I have been having trouble with my truck.  In my last post, I mentioned the large amount of rain we got.  Well apparently some of it got in some not so nice places in the truck, and now a bunch of the electronics are not working correctly.  If I can't get that working again, it might be time to trade the truck in.  I didn't want to do it until next spring, but I am not going to sink more money into it.  GRRRRR.

So I went and started to mow the back, since it will need to be cleared before I can get the perk test and whatnot for the septic done.  The tractor wasn't a big fan.  It was too tall for it, it kept laying it over and getting caught in the frame.  Even in first gear I nearly stalled it at least a half dozen times.


Plus there were some unfriendly encounters.  I am still trying to figure out who won this battle: the blade or the rock.  The shiny parts used to come out to points, but are now flat.  It looks pretty even, both got wrecked...


Unfortunately part way through the mower had finally had enough and ceased to work.  At first glance, it appears that the PTO arm is broken, the deck is not actuating anymore.  I will drop the deck this weekend and take a better look.  This is what I got done before it gave up the ghost.


I am also preparing to burn the pile, so I will be going through and pulling out some of the plastic and junk before I torch everything.  There are a few interesting things in the pile, a lot of electronics.


Since I had extra time with the mower dying yet again, I finally went down and made sure that the electric panel was actually live.  The power company said it was working, but the meter appeared to be in a constant reset, so I wasn't sure.  I have confirmed however that the panel is live (both legs of 120V), which means something is busted in the box, since the outlets are I believe hooked up, but don't function.  At least one bonus was that my $3 Harbor Freight meter didn't explode when I hooked it up to 120V, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment