Saturday, August 13, 2016

Finally, the mower is running.

I won't say it is fixed, but I finally got the mower to run.  The problem was both the pulley wasn't engaging and the brake was still engaged, since the PTO wasn't fully engaging.  A quarter can of WD-40 and a lot of manual actuation (I had to kick it at first it was so stiff) later and it got to the point where I could engage and disengage it (the whole range of motion) with my hand.


Me after I got it working.

Once I got it running, I mowed everything I normally mow.  It took under an hour, and I wasn't going fast since I am not sure where it will hit yet and it was shin deep (2nd gear was appropriate, so I mowed in 4th).  I didn't quite get everything, there were a few places I didn't dare take the mower, like down by the well.

The mower doesn't work right, there are a few things that still clunk that aren't supposed to when you disengage the deck, but I am not too concerned about it at the moment.  I will look into it at the end of the season when I replace the belt and give the tractor a tune up.




I also went and picked up a sink earlier this week.  I finally remembered to take some pictures of it.  It is designed such that it can be a pedestal sink, or can be put on a base.  It is a nice wide and deep basin too, which is nice for washing hands after working, since you can get your arms too.  I like pedestal sinks, but given my space constraints, I will probably end up building my own vanity for it.


1 comment:

  1. we all got a good laugh out of your message " I was ruthlessly murdering vegetation at an alarming rate" But the lawn looks good!

    ReplyDelete