Sunday, July 3, 2016

Roof is done!!!

For starters, it does appear to be a moose in my back yard.  I found this track not ten yards from the droppings I posted yesterday, with my foot for a size reference.  His hooves are almost as big as my feet.


It is hard to see in this picture, but based on the patterns in the grass, it would appear he was heading towards the stream for water.


The cook out actually happened today.  I am beginning to think they got rid of the grill because it sucked, not because it needed to be rebuilt.  My turkey burgers took almost 15 minutes to cook, with both the middle and right burners on high, the left burner was off.




On to the work for the day.  I finished the metal.  All of it including the ridge cap is installed.  Unfortunately my screws weren't long enough so the ridge cap is only screwed into metal.  Hopefully it holds.




This is what it looks like on the inside now.


And because I am sure this will give Tim and Dad a chuckle, this is how I ended up getting the last couple of sheets of metal up.  Yesterday Tim handed up all but the last two sheets, and the sheets are hard to get up there by yourself, I can lift them up and slide them on, but they slide off.  Enter my helper, Mr. Tree.  Despite his help today, the tree is still slated for termination though.


All that is left is the remaining siding and the doors.  The end is finally in sight.

1 comment: