Sunday, July 24, 2016

Not a lot of destruction, but still a productive day.

Today I did some other things that have been lingering in my to-do list.
I got the bulk of my remaining tools over in the shed, along with my old bench.




I also got my table saw assembled.  I haven't calibrated it yet, but it is assembled, and finally out of the box.


I got the trailer frame painted.  I couldn't find my drill wire brush, so I did it by hand.  Probably not a very good job, but I will revisit it when it becomes a problem again.  I put 5 coats on (I didn't use primer, so even 5 won't last too terribly long).  I did pick up some grade 5 bolts, 3/8 diameter so they actually thread into the existing threaded holes in the trailer. I intend to put washers and nuts on them anyways though.


I also got the first big chunk of the yard mowed today.  I played with a tractor a little bit.  Everything on it mechanically seems to work, though the deck belt doesn't move.  I am assuming at the moment that it is the spindles (sounds familiar...)  since I couldn't move the belt manually (I don't have it running yet).  The PTO is just a manual lever that tightens the belt on the deck, which appeared to do what it is supposed to, so I just need to drop the deck and figure out what is seized on it.


I did do a little bit of destruction today, I pulled the carpet out of the living room, and found a random hole under it.  Looks like a vent for the heater I am guessing.


I also ripped the door off the bathroom.  It was apparently hung with cabinet hinges...


I need to develop a plan of attack at this point.  I am not sure how much I want to disturb the plumbing until I find out if the water tanks are empty (the guy said they were, but was a bit of a clueless idiot).  I also have no idea how to remove the air conditioner on the roof (the framing won't support me walking on the roof), so I am reaching the end of what I know how to do.  I ordered a cordless drill that should come in this week, so I can start drilling out the thousands of rivets in the siding.  I also want to spray the front with a bleach mixture before I go too much further, since I am in the heart of the mold and mildew in the trailer.  I hit something with the sledge yesterday and a giant cloud of white powder (I assume mold) came out, so I want to proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment