Saturday, July 2, 2016

Big progress

Today was a beautiful day, mid-70s and sunny.

A run down of what I got done today:
I got the rest of the siding for the triangles and the outriggers installed.


I got the Z flashing actually nailed in, previously it was just cut to length.


I also got better than a quarter of the metal roofing screwed in.  I ended up going with the nicer painted metal roofing, hoping that the paint will make it last longer, but something I failed to consider is that I was planning on installing all of it from the loft, but I can't reach three feet very well.  The other cheap metal was only 2 feet wide, I could have easily reached the whole sheet to screw them in.  I am still getting it done from the the loft, but it is a lot more difficult than I expected.


Tim came up today as well to clean up the large logs he left lying around last time he chopped down trees.  He went overboard, but I am not going to complain.  I have a very nice area behind the shed now with a fire pit.


The only thing that didn't end well today was that my cookout plans were thwarted.  I brought everything I needed except the most important piece: the lighter to light the grill.  Grrr.  At least I learned that my truck can run the cooler almost all day and not feel any effects on its battery.


I came across a couple of interesting things today.  A tree fell down today while I was up there.


I think it might have been a race for trunk versus branch, the trunk won.


I also came across this today.  My first thought was horse, but there aren't any wild horses up there.  It doesn't really look like what I thought bear would look like, and I don't know what moose droppings look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment