Monday, July 25, 2016

More side project work

I completed installing the new trailer jack today, which will make it easier if I have to move or reposition it or anything like that.  Contrary to the picture, it does have enough lift to make the trailer level I am fairly certain.  Right now the front was lifted high enough to get it off my truck which was at a weird angle because the front end was in mud when I dragged the trailer up here.  I am leaving the blocks there for the time being until I feel confident that everything is solid.


It turns out that there wasn't easy access to the underside of the bolts, so I just put the lock washers on top.  The trailer itself was already threaded for the bolts, since they are the same diameter as the previous bolts (and thankfully the same thread)  There are no nuts on it (the trailer itself is the nut).  Hopefully this works, which should since before there weren't any lock or flat washers on it.


My other big side project is the mower.  I got the deck removed today.  I had to take off a lot of clips until I figured which ones were the right ones, but in the end it is only 5 clips, not too bad.  You can tell it has sat for a long time.


The underside, while rusty, doesn't look bad all things considered.


The final damage tally on the deck as far as I could tell is the left spindle and a new belt.  The belt on it was getting pretty bad.


To help protect it since it might be a little while before I get to it (I want to make sure the mower runs first before I sink money into the deck) I built it a little lean to.


I left a little early because it was getting dark, and sure enough as soon as I go to get in my car, the sun comes back out.


At least I got a nice rainbow to drive home to.


2 comments: