Sunday, July 10, 2016

Collecting goodies.

Since it rained most of the weekend, I went around collecting goodies.  I picked up the toolbox on Saturday.  

Today I completed the treasure hunt for the missing screwdrivers. 

On my way out to pick them up, I picked up a boombox from Aunt and Uncle.  Yes, it even has a cassette deck in it.  It sure beats using my phone though, much better audio (I hope)

The real goody of the weekend though I picked up today.  A fully operational and in good working order propane stove.  Thanks Tim!

It is a pretty nice Frigidaire one too.  Tim got his wife a new one for Christmas, and this one was sitting in his garage.

I also got a cheap dorm fridge from him, which will be nice when I start spending the nights up there (and get the power working, which I have been really lazy about doing)

All this hauling stuff into the shed in the soggy ground has left a lot of ruts.  It will be nice when I actually get around to getting the gravel for the area (another thing I have been procrastinating)...

While I was waiting for the rain to stop (which it didn't until I got home.  Grrr)  I went and walked around for a bit.  I have this growing everywhere, not sure what it is.  My first thought was cucumber, Tim thought squash, but growing wild?

Even despite the rain the last couple of days, the creek is still dry.  

The creek level prompted me to check the well.  The good news: it wasn't dry.  The bad news: I could see the bottom.

My depth perception isn't good, but it would appear that my well is around 15, maybe 20 at the most, feet deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment