Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

All the siding is complete.

Front:

West side:

Back:

East Side:

Unlike the triangles for the roof, this time I actually made it line up properly.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite have 100% coverage, but I don't think it will be an issue, the bottom couple inches of the 2x6 framing are exposed.  I didn't really want to buy another 4 sheets of the thicker T1-11 just to make it have complete coverage.  The last two inches will get over it.

This is what the Z-flashing looks like from the inside.

It is quite dark in the shed now, and a very notable echo.

The only source of light is the space between the top plate and the roof.

I also got the frames for the doors built.  I couldn't remember what the normal height for a doorknob was, but I put the brace at 42", which is where I intend to put the closing hardware.

Dad - This is the old splitting maul that was down in the old foundation.  I might still consider using it as a wedge, but I think its days as a maul are over.

1 comment:

  1. It should be high carbon steel. It will clean up and sharpen. Put a new handle on it and it will be useable. Or bring it with you next time - I'll do it

    ReplyDelete