Thursday, July 14, 2016

A few days behind...

So I have been up working there all week, but haven't been keeping this up to date.

Early in the week I got the first door attached.  I still need to take the sander and shave a little off, but it is hanging.  When I hung it, my sander was still broken.


On Tuesday I decided to fix my belt sander.  The front wheel is attached and adjusted again.


It worked so good this happened almost immediately (this was the third belt since I started using Dad's...)


Yesterday I managed to get the other door hung.  It needs shims though.  It doesn't close (which is why the ladder is in front, holding it closed)


Tonight was rainy, so I went out and picked a freebie AC off of Craigslist.  There were a lot of rainbows out tonight.  It was a double rainbow, and the more vibrant one had a weird effect.  It went the standard red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo violet, but after the violet, it started going backwards.  Meaning it went red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, indigo, blue, green, and wasn't really visible after the second green.  Certainly cool looking.






The freebie AC.  I will probably use it in the second bedroom when I have company.  He said it worked fine, but was noisy.  I find that odd, when I plugged it in, it took a while to start cooling, but was quieter than my window unit of the same size in my bedroom.  We'll see I guess.


This might be the source of his problems.  This should be transparent.  Thankfully it all washed right off.

6 comments:

  1. No central AC for you?? Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, no central AC. I won't have it in the tiny home either, though a single small window unit should be sufficient for that.

      Delete
  2. As dirty as that filter was, I'm kind of surprised it worked at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be surprised how many people don't think of regularly cleaning the filter in their air conditioner. It's one of the basic AC repair techniques. Most of the time, it just needs to get brushed off and popped right back in to the unit. You will notice after turning the unit back on that the air starts to cool again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also surprised the poor little AC unit was pumping out any cold air with the filter so dirty. It's also a good reminder that I haven't cleaned my filter since the hot weather started this year. My AC would probably work better if I cleaned out the filter again! Your photos of the rainbows are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good find getting the AC window unit free on Craigslist! It really is amazing what a difference a clean versus dirty filter can make as far as efficiency with the unit. By the looks of it, that one was never cleaned! Good luck on your tiny house build, cannot wait to see your results.

    Tommy Hopkins @ Accutemp Cooling and Heating

    ReplyDelete