Saturday, July 16, 2016

First round of the shed is complete.

The shed is finally complete.  I still need to do trim work and the like, but that can come at a later date, all the functional parts of the shed are now in place with the final door installed and the closing bracket.

The doors didn't line up perfectly, so I added a brace to make all the closing hardware was firmly secured.


They still need a little sanding to open and close smoothly, but they do open and close (and latch) now.


I got most of the cabinets torn apart.  I apparently forgot to take a picture.  I did find an antique in one of the cabinets though:


The new lawnmower arrived today too.  Thanks Tim!  I will work on it soon, since it will save me a lot of time once I get it running.  It should look familiar, though it is a slightly older model.




Needs a new battery.  This one was probably shot a few years back.


I also got the mowing done today.  It needed it weeks ago.  The mowed part is still over ankle deep.  The other part is knee deep to hip deep.


Despite the rain we got the last couple of days, we are still in drought conditions.  The level of my well has not increased, and now the creek is completely dry.


The rain has helped though.  I got my first cattail.  Last year they were the most prevalent thing in the back yard.


One a separate note, it is raspberry season.  I had a couple of snacks today.


1 comment:

  1. Keep that "antique" radio! I should still work! The tractor DOES look familiar. That model is a bit boxier than mine was.

    ReplyDelete