Friday, September 29, 2023

Quiet week, the days are getting short

I haven't done much this week, but I usually only get an hour at most to work before it is dark.  Sometimes I haven't even been getting that.  There have been an abnormally high amount of pinheads on the roads of late.  Like this noob who hit a telephone pole.  That required a 15 minute detour.


I have gotten a couple of things done in the evenings though.  I got the futon and dresser swapped.


I also got the felt pads put on the wire rack in the bathroom.  They didn't seem to stick that well, we will see how well they stay on.  


When I have had daylight, I have been working on the carport.  I finished getting the bottom plates reattached yesterday.


I finished it up after dark (the carport has a beefy light in it thankfully), but I also installed some extra bracing.  The repair isn't as strong as the original install, so am trying to help make up for that, since I do still need to drag the carport another few feet over.  I have a couple more braces to install; I also got some T braces for the joints in addition to the ones in the picture.


As the carport nears completion, I went and poked my head in the new quarry that recently opened on 9.  I couldn't find an office or anything up there though.  There was one guy in a loader in the back and that was it.  I didn't even see a scale, which I thought was odd.  So I think for now I will stick with Cold River materials.  I plan on getting the stone I need for the drainage set up today, and hopefully they can get it up there either today or tomorrow (assuming they haven't switched to their winter hours yet).  I still have some digging to do and all that if they can't deliver it until Monday though.  I also took a water sample and will be stopping at the hot tub place today since I can't figure out what I did wrong with the chemicals.  I figured I would see what they have to say before going the nuclear route (basically pour a quart of bleach in it, run it for a day, then drain it and start over).

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

1 comment:

  1. When we first got our pool, we must have been in the pool store weekly with our water sample trying to figure out what we did wrong that week! After a while it levels out and you've learned more. Sure loved that pool though!

    ReplyDelete