Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Filter finally caught up. Hot tub is nice.

I came home yesterday to a box.  This was round three of shelves for the wire rack.  This time it looks like I got lucky and FedEx didn't play hackysack with them.  The side was a little dented in, but for the most part it was undamaged.



The shelves weren't all perfect, but all were usable for a change.  They made a half-assed attempt to protect theme with bubble wrap this time since I explicitly complained about their packaging process.


The hot tub was more important though.  I cleaned the filter again when I got home.  It was pretty bad again, but not completely brown.  


But the water looked clear enough to use.  So I lounged around in it for a half hour or so.  It is deeper than I thought.  The bubbles are acceptable, but jets are better (this only has bubbles).  You have to buy a much more expensive hot tub to get jets though.  I am still struggling to keep the bromine levels up, so I added a couple extra bromine pucks to the dispenser.  I only had one in there originally; now there is 4.



I also assembled the wire rack last night.  The fun part will be installing it.  It is too tight to just roll it in next to the toilet, so I will have to lift it up over the toilet.  I need to remove the shelves in the bathroom first though.


I did poke the hot tub this morning as well.  The water looks clearer still now.  I also noticed that my lid apparently has a small hole in it, it is half deflated at this point.  


The filter was still dirty this morning, but not nearly as bad as the last couple of washings.  Hopefully I am reaching the end of my metal issues.  If this continues, it might be time to replace it.  


The bromine levels had come up slightly, but were still low.  Since the bromine is what keeps things from growing in it, I added a bit more of the granulated bromine to it this morning, and some shock.  Thankfully this time the shock didn't cause the water to turn brown.

The shelves were part of the winter list to upgrade the storage in the bathroom, so that is finally in progress.  

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment