Friday, September 22, 2023

Quiet week.

This week has been pretty quiet.  My dad came up on Wednesday (not Thursday).  He brought up some family heirlooms, and my new gun cabinet is full.  He is on to Acadia in Maine now.  


I have been enjoying my hot tub, though it would be nice if I had something to do while I was sitting there relaxing.  Last night I watched the football game tracker on my phone.  I think my phone is waterproof, but might want to double check that.  When I get the deck built though, there is no reason I can't put a TV or something out there to watch (much like I am planning to do in the gym).  


I checked the filter again this morning, and it almost still looked like it did after I cleaned it, so I swapped it out with my spare.  I have more filters on the way.  I am still struggling to keep the bromine levels up, I had to put more of the granular stuff in that normally you only use when you do the shock.  I am beginning to wonder if the tablet dispenser built into the tub is ineffective.  I bought a floating tablet dispenser for the pool, perhaps I put it in the hot tub just to try it out.  


I took a quick look this morning, and the trench has dried out, so if the weather holds out this weekend, I might try to get that done.  I am planning to do the carport first though.  I can dig in the rain if need be.  


Time is starting to run low; I only have just over a month, but thankfully I am getting close.  I also just got a note that there has been yet another recall on my truck.  Ford better get it in gear; they still haven't been able to fix the last recall yet.

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment