Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Final drive to completion.

While I didn't do much Monday night (I went out visiting), I had an unusual burst of energy yesterday and last night.  The first thing is I met the AC guy and he showed me how the panels pop off and fixed the AC unit in the third bedroom.  One thing I have noticed about the ACs is that I have waay too much capacity, and the Samsung units don't wind down well.  I knew I was getting too much capacity (and I was fine with it because I wanted the extra heating capacity).  I figured for the AC part, I would just turn off the units in the other two bedrooms, and make the other unit in the master and living room do all the cooling work.  For AC you don't want excess capacity because it needs to actively run to dehumidify.  Even with the other two heads off though, it still hasn't been running enough to drop the humidity significantly.  It hasn't gotten really bad yet, but the humidity has creeped into the mid-70% range.  I might want to pick up a small dehumidifier at some point, but that will be a next year item.


I also went and finished up the repairs on the gun cabinet.  I added a few finishing nails to the shelf on the sides, just in case the glue fails.  


It is also in its final resting spot and has been loaded.



I also did some minor cleanup preparing for the furniture to arrive tomorrow.  Things like picking up my shot glasses off the floor so they don't get crushed or stepped on or anything.  The arrival of stuff had also made a mess of the living room with boxes everywhere which I broke down.  


I got to see a nice sunrise when I woke up this morning, since I woke up a little bit before my alarm.  Annoyingly, no matter what settings I used, I couldn't get my phone to take a decent picture of it.  This isn't the first time that I have noticed poor color on my phone.  The camera in the Pixel 6A is a notable drop in color performance from the Pixel 3XL.  Despite how it looks in this picture, the sky was a mix of pink and orange.


This checks the AC and gun cabinet off the list.  The furniture arrives tomorrow, so the next post will hopefully have pictures of a new bed and couch.  I really need to get moving on the carport and drainage though.

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors


No comments:

Post a Comment