Friday, September 8, 2023

AC is coming along.

This week was mostly about gathering more stuff.  Tuesday the replacement shelves came in.  They were packaged even more poorly than the original set, and 3 of the 4 shelves were broken.  I am debating whether to just return it at this point, since it is clear the manufacturer doesn't understand how to put a shelf in a box so that Fedex won't destroy it.  



Wednesday I went and picked up a set of stairs for the hot tub.  My hot tub should be coming in next week.  I left them on their side since the pipes were full of water and made it a lot heavier than I expected.


Yesterday the HVAC guy came and started the install.  These are the heads that get installed.  This one was for the living room, which was a 12k BTU.



It is kind of unfortunate that this is where it had to get installed in the living room, I would have rather had it on one of the interior walls, but the bracket required 16" OC studs, and my interior walls are 24" OC.  



The one in the bedroom I would have liked a bit more centered, but oh well.  I am not going to make him move it.


I was a little unnerved when I got home after helping Rick move last night, and didn't hear anything.  The unit is eerily quiet.  The heads work quite well though.  Despite it being almost 90 and extremely humid yesterday, the house was a nice frosty 64 when I got home.  I even pulled the blanket onto my bed last night.



It does rattle a tiny bit when it fires up, but being inverter drive (I am pretty sure) it is largely silent.  I will have to move it when I install the deck next year, but it should be able to be picked up.



The one downside to mini-splits is that all the lines for the refrigerant and whatnot run on the outside of the building.  I might paint it to match the siding at some point.  At least he ran the bulk of the lines under the house.  The other guy said he did the entire run out on top of the siding.  


Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment