Thursday, September 14, 2023

Furniture has arrived.

The big thing this week was getting the furniture done.  Last night was mostly spent clearing the way.  I started off by stacking the ACs in the gym room in the corner, along with the pool.  


I also vacuumed since it will probably be a while before these spots get vacuumed again.


Today the furniture arrived.  The living room setup


The couch is nice.


The new bed.  I upgraded to a queen.  


These are new bamboo sheets.  They are supposed to be nice, and were only a few bucks more than regular cotton ones.  This is as close as my bed ever gets to being made.  I realized after I did this though (since I naturally flopped on it after taking the picture) that they say in all caps to wash them first for good reason.  The oil that they put them in to transport smells really awful.  So after I went and made the bed, I stripped it and tossed them in the washing machine.  


The futon ended up in the third room.  


I think I might swap the futon and the dresser though.  Put the futon in the corner and the dresser towards the door so that I have more than a foot aisleway.  


This marks another thing off the checklist.  It is still currently looking like hurricane Lee is going to miss us and hit Nova Scotia and Maine instead, so I should be able to rent the excavator this weekend and get the drainage at least started.  I can use it to level for the hot tub too.  The rest of stuff I need to set it up came should be at home waiting for me at this point.  

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

1 comment: