Monday, September 11, 2023

Lots of smaller things. AC complete

Despite the inclement weather, there were a lot of things happening this weekend.  I came home Friday to the other AC being completed.  It looks like it is the same outdoor unit, despite the fact that this one only has two 9k BTU heads attached to it.



The head in the third bedroom.  


I will have to poke about this one, it looks like the plastic came apart on this head, and it wasn't immediately clear how to snap it back in, it isn't just force.


The head in the gym.


This was done by the same guy who did the plumbing and electric.  While his work has functionally been fine, he tends to leave a mess behind.



My stuff has been coming in.  The hot tub has arrived.  Since it looks like hurricane Lee is going to end up in the bay of Maine, which means I will get hit hard, I think I might wait to set it up, just to ensure it doesn't end up a town away.  

UPS whacked it, but it doesn't look bad enough to be a concern.


The chemicals and other support stuff is starting to come in too.  I also bought additional oversized towels, since I only had one.


There was a little bit of dry weather Saturday morning, so I went out to pick up a cheap gun cabinet.  


It was out in Exeter, which was quite a haul, but a rather pretty drive.


It is annoying that this is the third time now my phone overheats while driving.  I had the AC on in the truck too, to the point where the windows were covered in condensate.  It was on the center seat, which doesn't get much sun either.  I did discover though that my phone case is two pieces (I thought it was a single piece) when I removed it to cool the phone off.  


It was cheap for a reason; it needs a little work.  The previous owner had turned it into a display cabinet.  You can see the gaps in the finish where the support that I will have to make goes.


I also got the pin that holds the drawer in when it is locked realigned.  I might make the hole bigger so it isn't a finagle every time in the future.  I might also re-do the felt on the bottom, it looks rough, but that will be a later task.  


After a brief shower, it stopped raining again.  So I took out the window unit ACs.  They have done their job and I think my fabulous cardboard job is what was allowing all the bugs in (they were significantly fewer last night).  If anyone needs one, let me know.  I didn't pay anything for them (the benefit of picking them up in the winter), so I might list them.  I have no need for them anymore.  



The only one I paid for was the one in the master bedroom.  I might keep this one though.  I like the idea of keeping one around just in case.  Either that or I will keep the Frigidaire that was in the living room, which was a beast but looks rough.

I also started making the support for the gun cabinet, and got it taped and marked.


I went and made a Home Depot trip, but stopped at Otter Brook on the way.  The water was high for this time of year, but not unreasonable all things considered.  All the pictures can be found at https://photos.app.goo.gl/h5yXZ5DWxwAfD3Cc6


Something that I found odd was that everything below a certain level was dead.  I have no idea what would cause that.  I know the park flooded really really bad back in June, but I can't imagine that Otter Brook Lake was something like 15-20 feet high, even with all that rain.  It is the only justification I can come up with though.


I went to see the first throes of foliage though.  There were a couple pockets of color.



There were more storms moving in (naturally), but it made for some interesting clouds.  




I went all the way up to the dam, but unfortunately the picture I took was all blown out.  
At Home Depot I picked up the foam board I intend to put underneath the hot tub.  It is nice to have an 8' box


I also discovered that they have a larger excavator that isn't listed on the website.  This is a two ton unit, the one they have online is the little 1-ton Kubota.


Sunday I did a couple of little things, but I was pretty tired.  I cut the board for the rest before the rain started.  


I might take the leftover piece of the shelf and put a small ammo shelf above the rifles if there is enough vertical room.


The rain didn't take long to start, so I made a run into town and got the felt and also picked up a small pool on closeout.


When I got home I glued down the felt.  


During one of the lighter periods, I also went out and fixed the e-bike and realigned the back fender.  I might ride it into work towards the end of the week if the rain ever stops.


The last productive thing I did Sunday was I glued the support into the cabinet.  I intend to put some finish nails in as well, since the support isn't a perfect fit for the width.  I just reused the shelves the guy put in there, which weren't tight across the width.

All that is left on the gun cabinet is to put in the finish nails and put it in its final resting place.  I also updated a few of the other items.  The deck design is already started, and I picked up a free dresser a couple weeks ago, so I don't need to do that.  

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment