Monday, July 31, 2023

More setup.

Friday at lunch I went out and got the propane install scheduled.  Disappointingly the first spot they had available wasn't until late August on the 25th.  So I might be using the camper stove for a while.  

The big project Friday after work was to fix the backflush on the water filter from draining in the back yard.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.  I used a pallet to get across the really bad spot, but from there the water seemingly drained away from the house enough that I could walk up by the house.


It was only one PEX fitting and attach the hose.  


I had hoped to run it all the way to the creek, but my hose didn't quite reach.  This will have to do though.


I ran a manual backflush and everything seemed happy.  I am glad the water system didn't mind the restriction on the flow; hose spickets only have a roughly 1/4 to 3/8 ball valve, it isn't a full 3/4 fitting.  


The other task for Friday was shopping.  I picked up the ceiling fan for the living room.  It is a 52 inch, that was the largest I could find that looked similar to the one we put up in the bedroom.   


I also ordered the washer and dryer, they should be here Wednesday. 


It was a nice moon out Friday.  


Saturday morning I went and did some more work in the tiny home before the storms came.  I was debating on pulling these shelves down, but I decided not to do it yet.  I would like to put up similar shelves in the new home.  


I also picked up the jack out of the rain and checked it.  The wheels don't spin as nicely, but otherwise it seemed fine.  I sprayed it with some WD-40.  Hopefully it helps. 


After that, I could hear the rumble of thunder, so I went back inside and started to work on the living room.  I had some visitors while I was working on it.  


But I got the entertainment center set up.  For some reason the remote for the receiver doesn't appear to work anymore.  


The wiring isn't a complete disaster but isn't great (well, it is great for me, but not for some).  I didn't set up the surround speakers yet though.  


I was running the dishwasher almost constantly over the weekend, but I found another bent over nail that they put the linoleum down on top of.


After that, it was time to set up the ceiling fan.  This one was more complicated than the one in the master bedroom.  I had a helpful stack of totes to hold everything in place.  


It was a pain by myself, but it is installed.  


Sunday was gorgeous, and I was kind of lazy.  I went out for a short bit in the morning.  I didn't even need the AC, it never got over 71 in the house.

The first thing I did was string up the end table.  


It is now complete.


I also went through the decor box.  There was mold inside it unfortunately, so I carefully cleaned everything in it.  The bag was a lost cause, but everything else was either glass or ceramic and was fine.  


I wasn't sure where to put them, but for now the cruise stuff is living here.


The living room is starting to take shape.  I will eventually get a couch or maybe a dual armchair or something, but this is how I expect it will turn out.  


I also finished getting the totes in the kitchen unpacked.


There are a few things I will have to re-stack to get them to fit.  


My unpacking was moving faster than the dishwasher too.  I got one load of this started this morning before I left.  I might have a few too many plates


The pile on the table is stuff that wasn't dry either.  The metal utensils I need to grab a countertop thing for, they were too short for the bin I stuck the other stuff in.  And the drawer is nearly full too.  


They may not have been dry, but it was still dry under the sink.  


The pile of empty totes is starting to get quite large.  I need to figure out what I am going to do with them.  The damaged ones I will obviously toss, but the rest I am not sure.  I guess stick them in the shed and hope the mice leave them alone.


I started putting up hooks too.  


I also went and swapped out the bulbs in the master bath.  I tried to get a picture of the bulb next to the label on the fixture, but failed.  They put a 72W incandescent bulb (which I didn't think you could buy anymore) in a fixture that is only rated for 60W output.  Good job guys.  But now it has LED bulbs in it.


I also ordered the moca adapters to set up the networking.  They should be in this week so I can get the file server set back up.  It runs the ethernet over the cable lines.  This way I don't have to wire up the house for ethernet.  Cable will likely never be available in Sullivan.


I took a quick walk through last night before going to bed (I was waiting for the dishwasher to finish). Hopefully this one is short enough to upload to the blog directly.

I also came up with a list of improvements/upgrades I wanted to do.
  • Master Bath
    • Longer reach faucet
    • Corner Shelf by vanity
    • Pull out shelves under the sink
    • Freestanding toilet paper holder
    • Replace linen shelves with pull out cube storage or something
    • Medicine cabinet
  • Master Bedroom
    • Bigger dresser
    • Queen bed
    • Shelf over the window
    • Install some outlets that have USB charging ports built in
  • Master Bedroom Closet
    • Replace the shelving in the closet with something beefier.  Maybe put in shelves on one side.
    • Install some wing nuts or easier access for the access panels
    • Put a window in the access panel for the water filter so I can see its display
    • Add an outlet inside the access area for the water filter.
  • Living room
    • Armoire by the door
    • Entertainment center
    • Coffee table 
    • Shelf over windows
  • Kitchen
    • Corner cabinet slide-out
    • Pull out shelves in the pantry
    • Shelf over the window?
    • Island?  The kitchen has a dearth of drawers, but I don't need the extra counter...
  • Utility Room
    • Replace shelves with cabinets or something more robust.
    • Hangers for broom, etc?
  • Second bedroom (gym room)
    • Shelves in hallway by door
    • TV and speaker stand
    • Shelves over the windows
  • Third bedroom (office)
    • Shelf over the window
  • Second bath
    • Shelves under sink
    • Medicine cabinet (likely the one from the tiny home)
    • A shelf with a large towel rack. (perhaps the one from the tiny home)

No comments:

Post a Comment