Sunday, July 23, 2023

Gorgeous Weekend

Friday was stormy, but I still managed to get around to switching my phone over.  It is a Pixel 6A.  It took almost all the photos this weekend.  It doesn't appear to be an upgrade from the Pixel 3XL it replaced, despite being three generations newer, but I haven't done a head to head yet.  Maybe at some point this week.

 
I am still getting used to the changes.  Most of them were not for the better in my opinion.  Like for example the power button doesn't turn it off anymore.  You have to hold volume up and then press power to turn it off.  You hold the power button you get the stupid Google Assistant.


One nice change is that my phone works in town now.  It gets better reception at home too. 


Saturday was really nice.  Friday night was the best night's sleep I have had in a while.  I went for a walk around Robin Hood park in Keene.  I drive by it every day going to work and had never stopped.  It was pretty nice.  A lot of mosquitos, but not insufferable.

All the photos are uploaded at https://photos.app.goo.gl/yP5vYrc1MwnxkYWs5 but here are some of the highlights.






I also took advantage of the nice weather and brought the rest of the chairs and stuff home.  
 

This time they are in the tiny home so they won't mold.  


I also brought home this from work.  I intend to put a cushion on it and use it as a foot rest.  In the short term though I am using it as an end table.  


I also tested the AC that went for a tumble.  It still works.  The display isn't broken, it is just a trick of refresh rates and shutter speeds.


I noticed that my grand plan to air condition the place wouldn't have worked anyways.  The small windows in the in the tiny home aren't big enough to put an AC in.  Good thing it doesn't matter.  The walls in the tiny home aren't green, perhaps that is an artifact of the new camera?


My camper toilet is starting to smell, so I moved it outside.  


I noticed when I got home that the carpeting appears to be done.  I will go to FineLine Monday and hopefully get the keys.  


The last thing I did on Saturday was go pick up an el cheapo AC at Ocean State Job Lot, this way I have enough to cool the whole place.


Sunday's task was mowing.  Naturally the tractor wouldn't start.  Fortunately I have power now and was able to run the battery charger.  


While I was waiting for the battery to charge, I went up and looked in the dresser.  The clothes look fine.  That isn't mold, it is sawdust on the black pair of shorts.


After the battery was done, I went and picked up all the cords and stuff.  


I got the whole front mowed.  


I even got the back done, though it was still a little soft.


There is still a lot of water in the back yard.  The hole in the back yard makes me wonder if the plumber just ran the drain for the filter into the backyard.  Technically that is correct, but means I will have to deal with the water.


I even got the far back mowed.  It was bad.  I had to mow it twice; it was over the hood of the tractor.  


I even mowed over here, much to the chagrin of my lawn tractor.  This is where the tiny home is going to end up.  
 

The ruts are deep and it is still quite muddy, but the lawn tractor never got stuck.  My lawn tractor has consistently exceeded expectations when it comes to traction.  


I didn't do over here.  I did one pass, realized that there was still a couple inches of standing water, and decided to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment