Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The stuff is in.

My dad came up to help me move in.  The first we did yesterday was install the air conditioners.  The freebie Frigidaire is actually a really nice AC.  A little bent, but it works really good and easily cools the core of the house despite it being only a 10k BTU.  


Only the finest cardboard spacers were used.


We celebrated with some pizza.  


Today we went on a scenic tour to go pay for the rest of the house.  Despite that, with an assist from Dad and my tractor, we got everything brought in.  We wiped everything down with Clorox wipes before bringing it in.  I also remembered that I have a lot of kitchen stuff.  Almost half my totes were kitchen stuff.  


I did unfortunately find some suspicious stuff in the living room tote.  It didn't look like mold, but it wasn't there when the tote was brought up.  I will have to clean everything well when I unpack it.  


The washer turned out to be a lost cause.  I opened it, saw the fuzz and took a whiff, and it was clear.  So it is in the scrap pile.  


Likewise the dresser also turned out to be not salvageable.  There was a lot more mold inside it than I thought.  


Most of the stuff in the deacon's chair was no good.  I lost some of my gloves, my sweatshirt, and a few other things. 


The shed is empty again.  


After that, we went out and ran some errands.  I picked up a cleaning kit for my rifle.  My 8MM was fine, but the shotgun had some fuzzies on it which we cleaned up.  The muzzle loader was rusting though.  We oiled it up and will try to take it apart and clean it up tomorrow.  


We also went to the laundromat and ran all the laundry.  


I also cleaned up the subwoofer.  I wiped the surface mold off with a Clorox wipe, sprayed it with vinegar to kill the mold that had absorbed into the wood, and then hosed it down with Lysol.  Hopefully that is sufficient.  


No comments:

Post a Comment