Monday, July 17, 2023

More soggy problems.

Unfortunately because everything has been wet and juicy in a very bad way, I discovered Saturday morning that my portable storage has become a greenhouse for mold. It got all the wood that I could see from the door, and the chairs I acquired from work.



After discovering that, I decided to go add the outlet on the panel.  It was also very steamy on Saturday, and I was literally dripping by end, but the outlet is installed.  Unfortunately it fails the GFCI test.  At first I assumed it was because there was nothing plugged into the ground bus bar (meaning the bus bar wasn't grounded) but I heard back from the electrician and he said that it grounds through the case to the meter.  I will double check the wiring today, but if I can't figure out what it is wrong, he will need to come fix it.



Yesterday was a wet miserable stormy day.  We were in a tornado watch, and we definitely got some wind.  It apparently shifted or shook the tiny house, and unfortunately the nice AC I picked up in the spring went for a tumble.  Ugh.  Hopefully it still works.  If not, I will have to buy one.  I didn't smell any refrigerant when I got home at least.  Most of what came apart were the plastic pieces, which I snapped back in.


I also went through (while drowning my sorrows with pizza) and picked out a few more chairs to bring home from work.  These ones aren't as nice, but is still enough to get things moving and make the need to buy new stuff when I move in less immediate.  This time though, I plan to store them in the tiny home, so I cleaned up the far end of the house before I went to bed last night.


Today is supposed to be hot but dry, so I will start pulling stuff out the portable garage at lunch and seeing how bad the damage is.  I already know the armoire I was intending to use as a coat closet is lost, as is the kitchen shelving.  The entertainment center is also toast, and obviously the chairs.  I am hoping the dresser is ok, especially since it is full of clothes, but I am not holding out much hope.  I also hope the stuff in the totes is fine, but since the totes aren't weathertight sealed, I will have to check.  I think things like the TV will be ok, mold typically doesn't grow on plastic or metal.

The picture is blown out, but at least when I went shopping on Friday I got to see a nice sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment