Friday, July 28, 2023

Moving in.

Thursday was pretty stormy, even though it was originally not supposed to start until after 5PM.  

We started off when the rain was still pretty light, and got the tiny home moved into its final location.  No damage to the truck this time either.  It was soft, but the ruts weren't as bad as I expected, and we didn't get stuck.  It was raining pretty good when we finished though, so we didn't move the carport back


This is the final tally on what was lost.  


After that, we mostly worked on inside stuff.  We installed the ceiling fan in the bedroom.  I put the wood side down, it matches the carpet pretty nice, and the white would have just melded into the ceiling.  


I have been washing everything I brought in, and discovered that the trap for the kitchen sink wasn't installed correctly/was installed by a noob.  It was crooked and wasn't even finger tight.  I fixed it.  


The storms were pretty severe in the afternoon too, and there was a confirmed tornado out by Dublin (only a couple of towns away).  The house did fine, but the cardboard I am using as a spacer for the AC was not a fan.  I have a foam board somewhere to replace the cardboard, I just need to locate it.  


Once the storms moved out, it looked pretty nice.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but I confirmed that the front outside light not working was just a dead bulb.


I have started to design the replacement for the armoire.  That will probably be the first piece of furniture I replace.  It will wait until I finish moving in though.  

I plan on getting the propane scheduled today, and maybe picking up another ceiling fan for the living room.  I also need to do something about the water filter backflush drain too.  Currently it just dumps into the backyard.  This is technically correct according to the manufacturer, but it is making a very wet backyard much worse, especially with the dishwasher running constantly as I am washing all my dishes before putting them away.  I picked up a garden hose PEX adapter and plan to use my hose to run it down into the creek until I get around to putting in another french drain.

I will hopefully finish getting things unpacked this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment