Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The house has arrived.

Today was house arriving day. The crew showed up pretty early, around 9AM.  This is the Platypus that they used to put it in place.


The back side came in first as expected.  They came in from the opposite direction than expected though.  


Courtesy of the rain every day for the past couple of weeks, the truck immediately got stuck when it got off the side of the driveway, so they had to use the Platypus the whole way up. I got some action shots.




The back.  They fixed the torn plastic before bringing up the front half.




Mostly because of this.  It stayed dry though.  


The guy driving the front half wasn't very good at backing it in.  He hit the tiny home and scraped a little paint off.  Fortunately nothing on the new home got damaged.  They ended up using the playtpus to fix his inability to back it in like the first guy was able to.  


Bringing up the front.  




The front is now in place too.  



I took some videos of the front side being put in place.




As an added bonus, since the crew arrived before the house, they took the platypus and ripped out the stumps in the front yard.  


They were done by the end of lunch.  I took the whole day off, so I took a short nap and then took my tractor out and did a little bit of smoothing in the driveway.  It got a little chewed up.  





I also peeked inside. The living room.


The third bedroom.


The other bedroom.  


The kitchen.



The master bedroom.  I couldn't get a peek into the master bath, the window was covered with plastic.  I am not sure why there are three doors here, there are only two doorways.


I talked with the guy (the guy with the platypus runs the crew that assembles them), and he said it was possible that they would get to my place late next week, but it is more likely the week of the 4th.  They need nice weather to assemble the houses (otherwise you leave the attic exposed to rain for possibly hours on end), and that has been in short supply this year, so they are a bit behind.  He did confirm that I am next in line after the house they are currently trying to get done. 

1 comment: