Sunday, June 11, 2023

Nice relaxed weekend.

I didn't do much this weekend.  Saturday was mostly just doing chores.  I went in and filled up all my water jugs, which were largely spent.  


I also picked up all the stuff from work and brought it home.  It filled my truck more than I expected, though I snagged an extra chair as I was loading it all up.


It all fit in the portable garage with no problem.  It is pretty much full at this point.  


I didn't get a good picture, but apparently the carport has become such a bird hotspot that there were a couple of robins fighting over it.  They ran away when I approached.


As is the way, it rained Saturday afternoon.  I got to see a nice rainbow as a result though. 


Sunday I spent outside.  I went for a nice long walk on the rail trail early in the morning.  When I got back from that I decided to go hike Pitcher Mountain.  It is a really short hike, but considering I was wearing slip on shoes that are bald (my hiking shoes are packed), probably the most aggressive hike I should undergo.  The photos are all here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MJ2EGEkQJrHLD2QT8

Here are some highlights.




After that I went and visited with Tim, who was up from Rhode Island.  

After he took off, I decided to get the tire out of my yard.  You may recall I tried to remove it before, but my yard was soup and I couldn't get good enough traction.  Now however, it was dry enough.  The bucket managed to rip it out.  


The stump is still there, but it is exposed now.


I didn't think things through though and got really messy though.  Apparently hand sanitizer makes a decent soap though.  And thankfully I had refilled my water jug.  Next time though I think I should wear gloves...


The pouring should commence tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment