Monday, June 19, 2023

Some progress while I was away.

I went out and visited and and uncle last weekend.  I was chasing some storms on the way back, and had a nice tail wind.  26.6mpg is abnormally good for this truck.


Apparently Friday after I left the power company finally showed up.  I now have a transformer and the meter is moved.


It kind of looks like they used the guide wire as a grounding wire.  I guess it makes sense (it is a large metal rod that has be buried in a ways), but I thought grounding rods had to be copper.  The line across the picture right above my finger is a copper wire.


Interestingly, they didn't remove the old pole or meter box.  I was under the impression that they owned the meter box, but I own the circuit panel beneath it.  I could be wrong though.  They still haven't picked up the pole they left in the ditch either.  


It rained a lot over the weekend.  Looks like several inches.  There was quite a bit of washout in the driveway.  


The guy made it look nice, but the back yard still puddles.  It did this before he started though, so it isn't a degradation.  I was hoping with the new grade he put in that it would run off better.  


On the side though, it is definitely better.  This used to be a pond in the spring.  


One thing that kind of bugs me a bit is that his grass is already sprouting.


I seeded this twice last fall and nothing.


Despite the lackluster surfacing on the slab, there was only one puddle on it.  The rest was dry.  I am not entirely sure when it rained while I was out, but it was a good sign.  

Something I noticed on the house: there are weird brown streaks showing up.  Not sure what they are.


It is going to be a busy week.  I go up to get my truck fixed tomorrow, and the house gets delivered tomorrow.  I did get to see a pretty sunset on the way home though. 
 



2 comments:

  1. When I set up in Argyle, I owned everything EXCEPT the meter itself. The housing and everything else was mine.

    ReplyDelete