Thursday, June 29, 2023

Kind of a dull boring week. I will soon need a boat for my yard though.

I haven't done much this week other than fondly try to remember what sunshine was.  This was taken before the storms yesterday, but my driveway (and front yard) is turning into a pond.


I think my creek is probably moving more water than the Colorado river right now, though it is kind of hard to tell in this picture.


It is so wet I have mystery mushrooms growing I have never seen on my lot before.  


I did walk around a bit on Wednesday.  I peered in the back door and found out why they couldn't delete the wall next to the furnace; the drawing of the house I got was incorrect and the hookups for the laundry were on that wall instead of the side wall to the left of the picture.


I found a couple of other things while I was trying to get around to the back door to peer in without sinking into the swamp...  err yard.  The first was one of the tie downs from the old slab.  The dirt it was buried with had washed away.  It looks a bit wimpier than I would have expected.


I also found this over by the power pole.  It looks like a cable clamp, but I don't know why they left it.  I am guessing they dropped it, and rather than find it they just grabbed another one.  Fortunately I haven't mowed, since my yard is soup.  This would have done bad things to the blades.


Earlier in the week it was quite hot (and there was a record like one hour of sunshine).  I found out that apparently the cheapo bottles of mouthwash can't handle heat.  Those weird marks at the top were where the bottle was melting.  It didn't explode though.   


I also had to turn on the fan at night.  The jackery didn't seem to mind, but I did have to bring it in and charge it this week.  It ran the fan all night, and didn't drain it too much.  It would run the fan for two nights without issue.  Despite that being a big fan. 


Today must have been Wildlife Stand in the Road Day.  I  ran across two deer that stared at me on my way in today, and two separate packs of turkeys that didn't understand that truck=roadkill.  The second group of turkeys didn't even move when I hit the horn.  There was even a deer wandering the parking lot at work too.  

Still no word on when they can assemble the house, though I expected as much given the weather.  There is a small window next week where the chance of rain is low.  Next week though the heat returns, which I am not looking forward to.  I am hoping they can squeeze me into that window, but I am not sure if they have completed the previous house yet, which was also waiting on nicer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment