Friday, June 9, 2023

Ready for concrete, he did more than I expected

When I got home last night the excavator, truck and trailer were gone, so he is ready for concrete to be poured.  Looking at the forecast, I am surprised he is going to do it Monday, today would be better.

The extra reinforcement is added.

He also leveled and graded everything around the slab, which to be honest, I didn't really expect. I expected him to do a foot or two around it since you need the grade to support the edge so it doesn't get undermined, but I didn't expect this much.  He did a lot more work than I expected.


I kind of wish I had moved the propane tanks.  He had to go around them, so there will be a small dip where they were sitting.  Oh well, I can fix it.  

In addition, it looks like he seeded it.  That I absolutely did not expect.  There is a good chance the birds will just eat it all (which often happens when I have put down seed), but still nice that he tried.

He also hardpacked the top part of the driveway, which I also did not expect.  This might be him just using up the extra gravel he had, but it is quite nice.  

He also moved the boulders out of the way.  I expected him to cut the bank back a bit further, but either way if he needs to do more, I believe he will be present when the house is delivered.

Something else I have noticed the last week or two: something is going around and wiping out trees left and right.  I think they are mostly beech trees that are getting wiped out.  Some oaks are keeling over as well, but I have read that was due to the exceptionally late frosts we got this year.  

It is certainly a bit jarring when you drive around though.  On route 9, whole sections of the highway are just dead.

I haven't decided what I am going to do this weekend.  Tim might be coming up so I will probably go and visit him.  I still have all the stuff in the office that I need to bring home soonish (the chairs and sit/stand base), but that is less than a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment