Saturday, June 24, 2023

Big check delivered.

Things have been pretty quiet this week.  They finished up the asbestos abatement early, so I got back to my desk on Thursday.  As nice as the area out front is, it is far more convenient to have my normal work computer around and a microwave that doesn't sound like it is going to explode at any moment.  

The bank came out Wednesday for an inspection (required for disbursements).  I have a new sign out front.  


I also paid for the house.  There is still a little bit left on the FineLine contract, but they don't get that until after they have assembled it, put on the skirting, and so on.  It is definitely the largest check I have ever signed ($118k; as the GC, I have to sign the disbursement checks).  


While I was there, I talked with manager, and he said they might try to get to my place early next week if they could (but wasn't confident), while the place they are currently working on gets the rest of the materials delivered (their current project is a weird not triple wide but three piece place, the third piece is a second floor on the other two), but he mentioned that they also have another house being delivered next week.  He said buttoning up my place should only take 3-4 days, but as noted before is weather dependent.  Right now the weather for next week looks awful, and the ten day makes it look like it will be after the 4th.


I haven't done much over the weekend.  I was originally planning to move the tiny home this weekend over to the other side of the driveway, but concluded it was still too soft and I kind of want my truck fixed first. I did notice something this morning as I went to head into town though.  I wonder if those brown streaks are just ran dripping off the roof. It seems that my overhang is inadequate for the slope that the house is currently sitting on.


 

3 comments:

  1. What "new sign"? A bank advertisement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. I just updated and put up a picture of it. It is a good thing they didn't put it up sooner, because where they put it the guy would have run it over bringing the house in.

      Delete