Wednesday, June 7, 2023

House update, moving fast.

They had brought up the excavator while I was in meetings yesterday morning.  It is a nice little Kubota.  It is classified as a 4 ton I think, but weighs around 9200 lbs.


The old slab is all torn up.  


It was apparently thicker than I thought.  It was only 3-4 inches at the edges (which I had measured) but was a lot thicker than that in the center.  Some of those chunks are 6" thick.


He brought up the first load of dirt as well.  I expect a lot more will be coming in tomorrow.


Looks like they didn't like the existing pipes for the septic.  Not a bad thing, I couldn't fit a proper soil pipe adapter in and still have it fit under the trailer frame, so I cobbled something very not code in.


The electrician was here today too.  The new meter board is up.  I did notice that there isn't an outlet on the panel.  I can add one if he isn't going to though, it only takes like 10 minutes.  I already have the parts too.  


A wider angle shot of the progress from yesterday.  The stakes are the position of the slab for the house.


After seeing what this machine can do in a day, I kinda want one...  Too bad they cost as much as my truck for used ones.

2 comments: