Thursday, June 27, 2019

Bunch of little updates.

So last Sunday I wimped out and did a bunch of little things.  I got my bug zapper hooked up with a new timer so it only runs in the evening.  Unfortunately it only comes on when it is already dark out, so I might put some shades on it so it thinks it is dark earlier.


I got the receiver attached to my lawn tractor.  We shall see how it holds up.


I also got the yard mowed.  Kinda.  I was able to hit more of the front than I thought.  Most of the yard above the leech field was cut.


The far end of the leech field notsomuch.


On the other side of the leech field I was able to mow too. 


I also did up to the shed and down to the creek.


I tried to do the back yard.  It ended poorly.  I mowed as far back until I got stuck.


I did get around the house done at least. 


I called them on Monday since the dumpster is still there, and they said they would come pick it up next Tuesday.  If the rain holds off on Saturday, I might be able to rent a tractor and get the stuff out of the backyard after all. 


I also got another basket for spices hung up.


The silicone for the bathroom is now complete.


While I had the dremel out I also made it so that my front door closes again.


I also started playing around with a grill pizza pan.  The first time I used it was a disaster; half the pizza ended up getting tossed, the crust was literally charcoal.  This time it came out much better.  It is still slower than I would expect (it took almost 20 minutes to cook) so maybe if I can bump up the heat a little more it would be ok (the grill temperature said it was at 500 though...).  It makes the crust a bit more crunchy than I like, but at least with the foil it didn't burn the crust or light the pizza on fire.


Yesterday at work during lunch, I got bored and decided to start assembling the york rake.  I got the draw bar assembled during lunch. 


Today I got the first half of the rake itself assembled.


I hope the weather holds up this weekend.  It would be nice to be able to rent a tractor and get the pile of crap in the back out.  I  am debating whether to try to install the drainage this weekend as well.  Currently though, the storms have moved back into Saturday, and I don't really want to spend a couple hundred dollars on renting a tractor for half the job.  It is cheaper than getting another dumpster though.  We shall see.  Originally the storms were supposed to be in the afternoon and evening, it was only the last day that the moved them up to starting late morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment