Monday, July 1, 2019

Dull stormy weekend

I spent the weekend dodging storms.  I did get a few notable things done.  I completed assembling the rake.  There is also a 0% chance that it will work on my lawn tractor.  It would tear the back end completely off if I put it in.  It is heavier than I expected and the receiver is only held on by the little tab of metal. 


I also pulled the stove out and ran some leak check on it.  The leak isn't where I expected it to be.  I would have thought the black iron would be solid.  It has pipe dope on it and is generally one of the easiest parts to put together.  No matter how much I wrenched on it though, the leaks didn't stop.  It will make taking it off to replace the cap and dope interesting though.  The rest of the fittings were all fine, the flare fittings were fine.


I might finish t his up tonight, I have the new parts sitting there, but taking the stove out is kind of a pain, I have to move the cart and my trash cans, and with the stove pulled out I can't access the kitchen, bathroom, and so on.

2 comments:

  1. If you know someone with a welder, you could reinforce the trailer hole with a piece of angle iron. That would help it out - if the tractor will pull it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it will push a dozer blade, it can pull the rake. Tim and Barry both know how to weld, but neither have the eqipment. I think it will be easier to borrow an ATV.

      Delete